Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ireland... it's on the bucket list!

A few months ago, Bill and I took back to back five night cruises on Hebridean Princess in Scotland.  We had a great time, except for the fact that our old beagle/basset hound MacGregor had health problems that suddenly manifested while we were away.  We were very worried about him while we were in Scotland and when we got home, we had to put him down, which we truly hated to do.

However, despite MacGregor's health problems, we will never forget Scotland, which is a land that figures prominently in my history, along with England and Germany.  I probably have some Irish in me too... now that I'm married, I definitely do, though not as often as I'd like!  My husband's father's family is very Irish.  His mom is of English, Scottish, and Dutch heritage.  Our last name is Irish... straight from County Donegal.

We had so much fun in Scotland, that I immediately started wanting to plan a trip to Ireland so we can visit my husband's ancestral homeland too.  Hebridean Princess does go to Ireland, but fares on that ship are STEEP.  If we can ever afford it again, we'd do it in a heartbeat.  I have a feeling we might end up sticking to land, though.

For now, though, I'm content to enjoy a Black and Tan...

 
Excuse the Pilsner Urquell beer mug...  We picked those up in the Czech Republic after touring their excellent brewery museum!


This photo was taken off Sanda Island, which is very close to the Irish coast.


Alas, I didn't get a chance to try this beer when we were in Scotland...  Maybe I'll try it in Ireland instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.