Wednesday, March 6, 2013

We're within two months!

Two months from today, Bill and I will be wandering around Venice.  I hope the cultural high will be enough to sustain my energy that day because we'll be getting there in the morning, several hours before check in time.  I should be alright if I have a nice espresso or something. 

I'm really looking forward to this trip.  I've been wanting to go to Venice with Bill for a long time now, even though it's a touristy city.  There's no denying that it's beautiful and unique and I suspect Bill and I will have a blast, even though we'll only be there for a night.  Of course, I just found out that you can buy public restroom passes.  That ought to be interesting.  Like just about everywhere else in Europe, you have to pay to use the toilets.  It looks like Venice has quite a markup, too.  The public potty appears to be twice as expensive as other places in Europe.

All we really need to do now is figure out the transportation between Venice and Florence, Florence, and Rome, and Rome and Civitivecchia.  And then, from Pireaus and Athens.  Unlike the last time I went to Venice and Florence, all of this stuff can now be taken care of online before we get there.  

I can think of other places in Europe I want to visit just as much as Venice and Athens and all the places we're planning to see in between, but there are only so many days we can be gone.  And I have no idea when we'll have the chance to do this again, so I intend to enjoy every minute.  I'm still fondly remembering Scotland, too... and wishing we could go back there, too!

Hopefully this time, our dogs will be okay and there won't be any frantic emails from the pet resort.  And there won't be any obnoxious people holding court throughout the cruise...  and I won't get seasick.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.