Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pisa?

Last night, I asked Bill if he'd like to visit Pisa while we're in Italy.  I have never been there and it's about 43 miles from Florence.  We will be in Florence for about two days-- that is, the afternoon of the 7th, the 8th, and the morning of the 9th.  I suggested that maybe from Florence, we could go to Pisa, see the Leaning Tower, have lunch, and hop a train to Rome.

It seems a shame to rush the visit, though... On the other hand, we may never have another chance to see the Leaning Tower because who knows if we'll ever get to Italy again?  I think the odds are in our favor, but it's definitely not guaranteed.  So we'll see.

I've heard the city of Pisa isn't all that exciting, but it does have a very interesting architectural wonder in it.  I wish we had more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.