Monday, March 16, 2015

I did it, dammit!

Well, I managed to get back to the Brauhaus Schoenbuch Boeblingen all on my own today.  I left way too early and used the GPS to find my way through the city.  When I got to the Brauhaus, I was feeling very nervous and jittery.  I ended up waiting for awhile, too.  But I managed to get out, have lunch with some nice ladies, and meet new people.

This may seem like a small thing, but I've somehow gotten a bit driving phobic over the past few years.  I used to drive every day, but I got out of the habit.  Somehow, while not in the habit of driving, I became weird about it to the point at which I didn't even want to try to go places by myself anymore.  I think it's mainly traffic that I hate...  Yes, driving in Germany is a little scary, but I was like this in the States, too.  I think I have some anxiety issues.  I have no reason to have anxiety about driving, yet I do...  It's true that my last speeding ticket was in 1992 and I've never been in a real car accident.  There's a first time for everything, though.

Anyway, we had a perfectly awesome time hanging out.  It was a lot of fun to meet some of the women I've gotten acquainted with on Facebook.  It was also fun to get out of my house for an afternoon.  The weather today is beautiful.  It was almost warm enough to put the top down on the convertible.  When I got home, there were no unpleasant doggy surprises waiting for me.

My trip to and from Boeblingen went off without a hitch until I got in the wrong turn lane to get on the Autobahn coming out of Boeblingen.  But that was easily fixed, thanks to the nearby exit to Sindelfingen.  If this keeps up, I may become mobile again!  I'd say today was a success!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.