Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Vienna, Austria Part 5... a long walk around Vienna!

Saturday morning we had glorious weather.  I donned my Keen sandals, which are the most comfortable shoes I own, and we walked back to Vienna for some breakfast.  On the way there, I took lots of photos of graffiti and signs.


Sex shop near our hotel...  


I got a kick out of these signs.  Bill says the dog picture instructs people to put dog crap in a bag.









Apparently, there is a band in Vienna called Catpiss.


Good advice.


SCUBA store...


Interesting place for beverages?



I took a picture of this ad for an insanely decadent spa...  Who needs a TV in the jacuzzi?

We ended up at Cafe Museum, yet another delightful cafe, which had a lot of tempting looking desserts.  Again, the waiters all wore tuxes.



A very nice breakfast for about 27 euros (for both of us).  One of my Facebook friends declared European breakfasts better than American ones.  Frankly, I kind of agree.  


My hot chocolate was delicious!


After breakfast, we took a very long walk around Vienna.  Originally, we were going to go to the Albertina art museum, but we were a little too early.  So we headed back to the Rathaus and rose garden areas, where I took a whole lot of photos.  There was some kind of race going on, so the Rathaus area was teeming with people and more than a few dogs.  




Hawkers in period costumes were everywhere here, trying to snare people who don't know they need to see a concert.


The JWs were also hawking their wares...


I took a photo of the 25 hour hotel with its provocative signage.  Apparently, it's a madhouse.


Runners rounding the bend...



Tulips in bloom!


And the finish line!


Vienna promises a rose garden...





We spent some time hanging out by this family of mallards...  I also got video footage!










This sign discourages drinking the ducks' water...  seems to go without saying!



More scenes from the city.




I was fascinated by this marble statue of a man about to be bludgeoned...




By the riding school... so beautiful!

Part 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.