Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Master Of Malt... a good source for scotch and other sinful drinks...


Our latest haul from MasterOfMalt.com...

Father's Day is approaching.  Although Bill's kids no longer acknowledge him, I still like to remember him on Father's Day.  Since he really enjoys scotch, I often shop on the British Web site MasterOfMalt.com.  

I discovered this British Web site run by cheeky chaps when we lived in North Carolina.  We had visited Scotland for a couple of weeks and our trip involved a couple of stops at distilleries.  We were soon acquainted with new scotches, but they weren't so easy to find in the United States, especially in North Carolina, where all the liquor stores are state run.  I started ordering scotch from Master Of Malt before I even knew we'd be back in Europe.  Though it's not a cheap option, it's an effective way to score good booze.  The service is very quick.  I usually get my orders on my doorstep well wrapped within 72 hours.

When we got back to Germany, I started using Master Of Malt again.  I really like Campbeltown scotches and they are easy to find on Master Of Malt, though not so easy to find in stores.  Every couple of months or so, I make an order.  This time, I got a Hazelburn scotch by Springbank, a Campbeltown distillery that we visited.  I also got Monkey 47 gin, which comes from the Black Forest and probably could easily be found locally.  I got Twisted Nose, a British gin that I'd never tried before, and a Japanese tasting set for Bill because he's curious about Japanese whiskey.

One of the nice things about Master Of Malt is that they do tasting drams.  If you can't afford to purchase a whole bottle of really rare scotch, you can order a sample for a few bucks.  The Japanese tasting set is the first one I've tried.  They have plenty of others, though.  And at Christmas, they have a very cool advent calendar gift that offers boozes instead of chocolate.  I wanted to get one for Bill last year but couldn't justify the cost of the one I really wanted to buy for him.  Maybe this year Santa will bring him some sinful booze presents.

I probably ought to be more wholesome and stop drinking so much... but hell, drinking is fun.  Prost!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.